WE’RE REALLY SAD TO SEE YOU GO.
Sorry to hear you’re leaving. If there’s anything we can do to change this decision please speak to a member of the My First Gym team. We’re always happy to help.
If you wish to cancel your membership please visit the gym and bring the documents listed below to support your cancellation request. Be aware you can only cancel if you have evidence to support your cancellation of a membership (e.g. redundancy letter or new tenancy agreement, doctors note).
(1) if you are within our 12 month Fixed Term contract and upon visiting the gym you do not provide supporting evidence acceptable to My First Gym management your request will be immediately rejected
(2) If you state you are on a Flexible membership but are in fact on a Fixed Term membership your request will be immediately rejected
Acceptable supporting evidence
If you signed up for our 12 month fixed term agreement you are only able to cancel this membership within your first 12 months due to:
(1) Relocation outside of Dubai
(2) Medical reasons.
Evidence must be provided otherwise your request to cancel will be immediately rejected.
It is mandatory to bring evidence of your circumstances in support of your reason for cancelling within your twelve month contract.
(1) Relocation outside of Dubai – new tenancy agreement.
(2) Medical Reasons – Doctors letter, dated within last 30 days stating you can no longer participate in physical activity or Maternity Certificate.
(3) Redundancy – Employer evidence confirming your redundancy with company stamp.
Failure to attach evidence to this application to cancel your contract will result in your request being immediately rejected.
If you are in a Flexible agreement you can cancel without any supporting evidence subject to our notice period.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please see below the relevant sections of the Terms & Conditions regarding cancellation which you accepted upon becoming a member:
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
- All fees and other amounts paid to My First Gym under the Agreement are non-refundable in all events.
- Purchases can be exchanged within My First Gym for other My First Gym services within 7 days of purchase or manager approval.
- If you joined as a member inside our Gym you have no legal entitlement to a cooling-off period.
- The Joining Fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
- Following the above mentioned 7 day period, the initial membership payment and each subsequent Monthly Recurring Payment made is not refundable under any circumstances but you may cancel your membership subject to the following cancellation polices.
- We will manage and process the cancellation of your membership upon receipt of a properly submitted cancellation request. Should your Recurring Payment be cancelled without submission of a cancellation request form at any time you may incur fees as a result of any missed payments. If you wish to have confirmation of any amendments to your account at any stage please contact a member of the My First Gym team.
- Refunds will be made onto the original mode of payment and will be processed within 10 to 20 days depends on the issuing bank of the credit card.
CANCELATION WITHIN CONTRACT / FIXED TERM PERIOD
- You may cancel your membership whilst still within your contracted minimum number of Monthly Recurring Payments (i.e. Fixed Term Membership of 12 months), under the following circumstances and subject to you providing satisfactory evidence:
- Relocation: This agreement can be cancelled in the event that your new permanent address is outside Dubai upon My First Gym satisfactory receipt of proof of your relocation and new address.
- Long term (over 3 month) illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled in the event of an illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for 3 months or longer upon appropriate proof being provided. The writing opinion must be dated within 30 days of the request to cancel.
- Please note – ANY Cancellation for the above reasons will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided to a member of the My First Gym team at the gym reception and you receive a written confirmation response from My First Gym.
ALL CANCELATION NOTICE PERIODS
Any cancellation request regardless of contract type or situation requires a minimum of 30 days’ notice and all cancellations are subject to satisfactory proof of evidence should you still be within a minimum timeframe commitment before the cancellation of the membership will take effect. You acknowledge and understand that one further recurring payment will be taken from your account if such a recurring payment is due within the aforementioned 30 days notice.